Vanha foorumi

Takaisin

Zin 3 pääkirjoitus

Zin Letters -tekijäfoorumi
Vesa 17. elokuuta 2008 kello 19.57
Kirjoittaja Viesti
Vesa linkki 17. elokuuta 2008 kello 19.57
Vesa 17. elokuuta 2008 kello 19.57 linkki Nonniin, nyt olen saanut väkerrettyä jonkunlaisen onnettoman pääkirjoituksen joka siis menee seuraavasti: [b:4bcf683163]The boys are back in town![/b:4bcf683163] When reading this, you are hopefully holding a copy of the new issue of the zin letters, the Gloranthan fanzine by the Kalikos society. The years have passed since the last issue saw the light of Yelm and many of you might have been waiting this third number like a rising moon, or like a rising storm. Finally it's here and in your hands. Lot of things can be added to those years while this magazine has been forged to the form it now has. There has been uphills and downhills for this project, but I don't think there is any kind of a project which doesn't have it's uphills and downhills. Not a single person could have achieved this what we did. For me as a chief editor, it's my duty to say the thanks for all those who deserve the thanks. First I like to thank the people behind the articles, without Ilkka, Eetu, Juha, Matti, Alison and the people helping them, this magazine would never been finished. I also like to thank the proofreaders, Alison Place and Simon Phipp for the work they did for this magazine. Especially Alison who gave also helped a lot with the contents of some articles. Also the thanks go to the artists who have been doing such a great work with the pictures of this zine. Last but not least I like to thank Juha and Risto who have sacrificed their time to edit the magazine. Hopefully you enjoy the third issue of The Zin Letters and it's content! YGWV Vesa Randelin, the chief-editor of The Zin Letters ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Kommentit ja korjausehdotukset enemmän kuin tervetulleita. Kieli luultavimmin melkoisen kömpelöä mutta tällä hetkellä en parempaankaan kyennyt enkä halunnut antaa enää tekstin lojua valmistumattomana pitempään. Omia huomautuksiani lähinnä otsikkoon nähden. Eli vaikka siinä mainitaankin sana boys, niin sillä en pyri mitenkään sukupuolistamaan tätä projektia. Se on lähinnä symbolinen lausahdus ja vertauskuvallinen siinä mielessä, että tämä uuden zinin tuleminen on vähän samanlaista kuin esimerkiksi se että pitkään poissa olleet sällit palaavat takaisin kotikulmilleen, vaikkapa nyt sodasta tai vastaavasta. Olkoon se myös oma pieni kunnianosoitukseni Phil Lynottille jonka kynästä samaisen otsikon omaava loistobiisi on lähtöisin. Toki otsikko voidaan vaihtaa jos se on liian silmiinpistävä tai ei sovi yksiin muun tekstin kanssa :)
Vesa linkki 14. syyskuuta 2008 kello 11.02
Vesa 14. syyskuuta 2008 kello 11.02 linkki Uusittua versiota pääkirjoituksesta, kommentit enemmän kuin tervetulleita. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The boys are back in town! When reading this, you are hopefully holding a copy of the new issue of the zin letters, the Gloranthan fanzine by the Kalikos society. The years have passed since the last issue saw the light of Yelm and many of you might have been waiting this third number like a rising moon, or like a rising storm. Finally it's here and in your hands. Lot of things can be added to those years while this magazine has been forged to the form it now has. There has been uphills and downhills for this project, but I don't think there is any kind of a project which doesn't have it's uphills and downhills. We decided to offer you speacial issue about the Eastern Far Place. It is an comprehensive package about the culture, the wilderness and life in the north-eastern part of Kerofinela. We go through the different clans and tribes of Eastern Far Place, we also take a look to different kinds of traditions and cults of the area. We offer you to take a look of the places of interest in the area and we light the bathing habits of the heortling people. Now it's time to say the thanks to those people taking part of this project. First of all I like to thank Ilkka about the work he has done for The Zin Letters. Without Ilkka we would probably still be in the starting point. Next I would like to thank Juha who volunteered to do the editing with the help of Risto. My special thanks goes to Alison Place who did proofreading but also helped with the articles by giving important comments about them. Also the thanks for proofreading goes to Simon Phipp. My thanks goes also to those who helped in the making of the articles by writing them or just giving the important comments about them. Also big thanks goes to the artists who have sacrificed their time drawing the pictures for this fanzine. Hopefully you enjoy the third issue of The Zin Letters and it's content! YGWV Vesa Randelin, the chief-editor of The Zin Letters -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Garrik linkki 7. marraskuuta 2008 kello 15.18
Garrik 7. marraskuuta 2008 kello 15.18 linkki Noniin, Sovimme Vesan kanssa, että minä muokkaan pääkirjoitusta tai kirjoitan sen uusiksi. Samalla sovimme, että minun nimenin tulee toiseksi päätoimittajaksi. Tällä tavoin pääsemme eroon siitä hassusta tilanteesta, että lehteen pääasiassa kirjoittaneena minua kiiteltäisiin: nyt voin itse kiitellä muita. :) Seuraavassa meikäläisen luonnos pääkirjoitukseksi. Huom! siis luonnos, johon kommentit ovat tervetulleita. (Vaikka aikaa meillä on kovin vähän.) Näen pääkirjoituksen ja Kiitokset hiukan toisistaan erillisinä, niin että pitkäksi venähtäneet kiitokset tulisivat pienemmällä fontilla. ------------------------------ [b:5798e1367a]Editorial[/b:5798e1367a] Phew! After thrice breaking all deadlines, the third issue of the Zin Letters is finally ready. Quite contrary to the original idea, this is a theme issue focusing on the eastern edge of the Far Place, where beaten and torn apart tribes cling stubbornly to the only thing they have left: tradition. In addition to general history and some local cults, the Bachad Tribe is handled in detail. We arrived at the decision to publish the Far Place material separately only when the issue was entering the editing and layout phase, because the Kalikos association couldn’t afford to print a 100-page magazine. This means that a lot of ready written, edited and illustrated material was left out of this issue. Thus many industrious and diligent people who delivered their work [i:5798e1367a]in time[/i:5798e1367a] will not see their articles and illustrations in this issue. We apologize for this, and promise to work hard in order to publish all the delivered articles in the forthcoming Zin Letters #4 as soon as it is financially possible. Ilkka Leskelä & Vesa Randelin [b:5798e1367a]Thanks[/b:5798e1367a] Most of the articles in this issue have been written by me, but the material presented in the articles really is a joint pursuit of my gaming group. Thanks guys! You know who you are. The Sarading Clan, the Cult of Yrsana and the Orlanthi Sweat Lodges have been jointly brainstormed and written in the Kalikos forums by Olli Kantola, Eetu Mäkelä, Juha Ratilainen, Topi Pitkänen and me, with support and comments from many others. Collective brainstorming and production rocks! Thanks for the Zin Letters editors for making the publication possible, and for their kind encouragement and enthusiasm concerning the eastern Far Place articles. And thanks for Juha R. for taking up the work of editing and layout amidst a hectic autumn. Special thanks for the other illustrators for devoting their time and skills in giving the setting a truly awesome look and feel. Warm thanks for the proofreaders, especially for Alison Place for doing much more than proofreading only. I kept my style and interpretations, but I hope the articles are more accessible to the public and more conforming to the Generally Agreed Glorantha now. Finally, thanks for Greg Stafford and Issaries Inc. for Glorantha, and for John Hughes and Jamie Revell for their inspiring web materials on the Far Place and the Torkani tribe. Other influences from the Glorantha community are too numerous to mention, but really, everything depends on YOU, THE READER. Thank you for carrying the torch of Glorantha! Ilkka Leskelä ---------------------------------------- -G
Vesa linkki 7. marraskuuta 2008 kello 22.31
Vesa 7. marraskuuta 2008 kello 22.31 linkki Okei tää on heti paljon parempaa kuin tuo meikän hapatus. Tosin Ilkka pieni ehdotus, toimisiko silti tuossa alussa tuo "The Boys Are Back In Town?" että siinä edes vähän olisi minunkin sormeni pelissä? :). Vai eikö tuollainen piisin nimien lainailu sitten ole sopivaa kirjoitustyyliä?. IMO aika harmitonhan tuo on, mutta eihän sitä pakko sinne ole tietenkään laittaa.
newsalor linkki 8. marraskuuta 2008 kello 18.47
newsalor 8. marraskuuta 2008 kello 18.47 linkki Toimii. Tykkään.
Garrik linkki 9. marraskuuta 2008 kello 15.53
Garrik 9. marraskuuta 2008 kello 15.53 linkki [quote:930bf9e818="Vesa"]Okei tää on heti paljon parempaa kuin tuo meikän hapatus. Tosin Ilkka pieni ehdotus, toimisiko silti tuossa alussa tuo "The Boys Are Back In Town?" että siinä edes vähän olisi minunkin sormeni pelissä? :). Vai eikö tuollainen piisin nimien lainailu sitten ole sopivaa kirjoitustyyliä?. IMO aika harmitonhan tuo on, mutta eihän sitä pakko sinne ole tietenkään laittaa.[/quote:930bf9e818] Ah, toi on siis biisistä? Mullekin tuli siitä mieleen yks biisi, jossa lauletaan "There's a new guitar in town..." En tiedä, miten biisien nimien viljeleminen tehoaa yleisöön, jos biisiä ei tunne. Mä en tuntenut, ja mulle tuli vähän sellanen fiilis että nyt oltais kovin reteesti ottamassa haltuun jotakin, joka oli ennenkin hallussamme. Mä en koe tätä hommaa ihan niin, mutta kyllä mun puolesta voidaan olla poikia takaisin kaupungissakin. Eikä toi sun juttus varsinaisesti hapatusta ole: mun kirjoitukseni keskeiset teemat on kyllä sulta otettuja, vaikka tarkastelu tapahtuu vähän eri valossa. -G
Vesa linkki 9. marraskuuta 2008 kello 18.29
Vesa 9. marraskuuta 2008 kello 18.29 linkki Joo, tuon vaan just meinasin tarkoittamaan sitä tyyliin että "Oltiin täällä ennen, tehtiin tällanen juttu, nyt ollaan taas täällä". Ajattelin myös että kun kuitenkin Thin Lizzy on bändinä minulle yhtä rakas kuin Glorantha harrastuksena niin näin pääsin sitten vähän yhdistelemään intohimojani ja samalla tekemään pienen tribuutin Phil Lynottille.