Vanha foorumi

Takaisin

How The Agimori Live

Zin Letters -tekijäfoorumi
Vesa 30. maaliskuuta 2007 kello 21.12
Kirjoittaja Viesti
Vesa linkki 30. maaliskuuta 2007 kello 21.12
Vesa 30. maaliskuuta 2007 kello 21.12 linkki [b:65dd68ef4e]How The Agimori Live[/b:65dd68ef4e] The Agimori lead a very harsh life by our standards. They have adapted their lives to the extreme conditions of the Wastelands and therefore they view with contempt other races that have an easier existence. The only way to win the approval and respect of the Agimori is to show them that you are equally strong and capable of living by their norms. The purpose of my expedition was to learn everything I can about the Agimori. To this goal, I travelled with the Vuai family. What you are about to read are the key observations that I made during my expedition, written after my return. I did take notes during the travels, but the scorching sun and the forceful gales of the Wastelands destroyed my diary almost completely. The most interesting observation that I made about the Agimori is that despite their strong physical appearance they carry very little belongings with them, only the bare necessities. Everything is divided among the family, depending on the size of the family and the age of the family members. The Agimori carry almost no food with them; when travelling, the Agimori hunt all their food and everything caught is eaten right away. They do have a small supply of dried fruits, which can be eaten if hunting proves difficult. Food and drink left extra is usually buried in small caches. (See my study concerning the Agimori on the hunt, [tähän Tiedon temppelin numerosarja]). Although the Agimori can survive for very long periods without water, it is as necessary for them as it is to us. The Agimori always carry water with them. The women carry the food and those children that are not old enough to walk long distances on their own in the rugged terrain of the Wastelands. Families never have more than one child per adult female. An Agimori as young as seven years old is fit to carry his or her weight during these long and arduous treks. The Agimori become fertile through drinking the magical water of Eiritha(?), but the water makes them fertile for one season only. This is how the Agimoris capability of controlling their procreation with magic is much more efficient than that of other races. The holy ritual of Eiritha usually happens in intervals of seven years, when the previous child is old enough to walk by them self along with the rest of the family. The Agimori carry with them small tents made from leather. They are almost always made from bison leather, but Vuai told me that the leather of alticamelus can also be used, if bison leather isn't around. Each family member carries with him a small piece of the leather tent. When they make camp for the night, the pieces are combined to make a larger tent. If the family is extended and they have their grandparents with them, there is a separate tent for the grandparents. There is always a separate tent for the baba or the koosi of the tribe. The Agimori pitch their tents into a safe place, near an oasis if there is one, in the shrubs or under trees if possible. They usually stay in the same location for a day or up to a week, depending on the food resources that the area holds. If the area is bountiful, they have been known to stay in one place more than a week. The Agimori prefer to use old camp sites, ones that other Agimori have also used. There may be food or water caches in the area. But more on those in the part of my study concerning the Agimori on the hunt. Fire is an important element to the Agimori, which is manifested both in their magic as well as in their magical camp fires The Agimori camp fires are called the fires of Baba Ulodra among the Praxian. The fires of Baba Ulodra are lit when the sun sets, and they burn until the first rays of the rising sun fall on them. The fires of Baba Ulodra do not need much wood to burn true and bright. Anyone who is allowed to rest by these fires may feel at peace and in safety. For although these campfires of the Agimori are quite large and can be seen from miles away, they do not draw beasts or enemies to them: the fires of Baba Ulodra don't allow anyone to come near them with ill will in their heart. If someone wishing to harm the camp comes too near the fire, it instantly puts itself out, so the Agimori are warned and know to guard against the coming attack But the fires of Baba Ulodra are not the only sentinels of the Agimori camp. If they intend to camp for a longer period, the Agimori set up the circle of Gahiji around their camp. The circle of Gahiji is composed of short stakes hammered into the ground that have bones of hunted animals tied to them. Its purpose is to keep away any enemies, and it is particularly useful in driving away restless spirits. The camp is also surrounded with guard trails that are patrolled in turns by anyone who can hold a weapon. The trails are circled by two Agimori at a time, going the opposite way than the other, in order to maximize the efficiency of the patrolling. These paths can reach for miles outside the camps. The Agimori camps are well protected from outside threats. Other peoples have seen the Agimori as savage brutes. But in truth, they are quite the opposite. The Agimori may be the most feared and most noble warriors of Prax and the Wastelands, as well as skilled hunters. But neither fact makes them in any way cruel or selfish, much less beasts. The Agimori are social and friendly people, who gather by the camp fire when the shadows grow long. That is when the elders tell stories and jokes, and time flies merry. Their storytelling culture made a great impression on me. Underneath that primitive skin there is much to be learned. The Agimori have no need for books, although some of them do know how to read information stored in knots on a rope. But the majority of their knowledge is passed on orally, from generation to another. The Agimori use myths hundreds of generations old in their rituals. The Vuai family travelled to perform the ritual of Gahiji, and I was fortunate enough to record a myth related to that into an annex in my study. I was not allowed to view the ritual itself, being an outsider, but I was told surprisingly much about the details of the myth. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- No niin, tässä sitten olisi tuosta agimorien elämäntavoista kertovasta jutusta tehty käännös. Kääntäjänä toimi kaverini Jaakko Suvanto. Omaan silmääni ei mitään suurempia epäkohtia kiinnittynyt, muuta kuin että käänsin sanan buffalo bison -sanaksi joka lienee oikea termi Praxin biisoneista puhuttaessa ja kysymysmerkin lisäsin tuohon magical water of Eirithan kohdalle, koska eikös kyseessä ole maito, eikä vesi? Lukaiskaa muutkin ja ilmoittakaa huomioista. Tuohon tosiaan pitäisi keksiä vielä se tiedon temppelin numerosarja, mutten tiedä kuinka ne yleensä on edes merkitty.
Garrik linkki 6. kesäkuuta 2007 kello 7.05
Garrik 6. kesäkuuta 2007 kello 7.05 linkki Hei, Muokkasin hiukan tuota Vesan tekstiä, ja tältä se näyttäisi nyt. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [b:33f60e948b]How the Agimori Live[/b:33f60e948b] By our standards, the Agimori lead very harsh life. They have adapted their lifestyle to the extreme conditions of the Wastelands, and view with contempt other races that have an easier existence. The only way to win the approval and respect of the Agimori is to show them that you are equally strong and capable of living by their norms. The purpose of my expedition was to learn everything I can about the Agimori. To achieve this goal, I travelled with the Vuai family. What you are about to read are the key observations I made during my expedition, written after my return. I did take notes during the travels, but the scorching sun[color=red:33f60e948b][i:33f60e948b][*][/i:33f60e948b][/color:33f60e948b] and the forceful gales of the Wastelands destroyed my diary almost completely. The most interesting observation I made about the Agimori is that, despite their strong physical appearance, they carry very little belongings with them, only the bare necessities. Everything is divided among the family, depending on the size of the family and the age of the family members. The Agimori carry almost no food with them; when travelling, they hunt all their food and eat the bounty right away. They do have a small supply of dried fruits, which can be eaten if hunting proves difficult. Extra food and drink is usually buried in small caches. (See my study concerning the Agimori on the hunt, [color=red:33f60e948b][i:33f60e948b][tähän Tiedon temppelin numerosarja][/i:33f60e948b][/color:33f60e948b]). Although the Agimori can survive for very long periods without water, it is as necessary for them as it is to us. The Agimori always carry water with them. The women carry the food and those children that are not old enough to walk long distances on their own in the rugged terrain of the Wastelands. Families never have more than one child per adult female. An Agimori as young as seven years old is fit to carry his or her weight during these long and arduous treks. The Agimori become fertile through drinking the magical water of Eiritha [color=red:33f60e948b][i:33f60e948b][milk of Eiritha?][/i:33f60e948b][/color:33f60e948b], but the water makes them fertile for one season only. This is how the Agimori capability of controlling their procreation with magic is much more efficient than that of other races. The holy ritual of Eiritha usually happens in intervals of seven years, when the previous child is old enough to walk by himself along with the rest of the family. The Agimori live in small tents made from leather. They are usually made from bison leather, but Vuai told me that the leather of alticamelus can also be used, if bison leather isn't around. Each family member carries with him a small piece of the tent. When they camp for the night, the pieces are combined to make the tent. If the family is extended and includes grandparents, there is a separate tent for the grandparents. There is always a separate tent for the baba or the koosi of the tribe. The Agimori pitch their tents into a safe place, near an oasis if there is one, in the shrubs or under trees if possible. They usually stay in the same location for a day or up to a week, depending on the food resources available. If the area is bountiful, they have been known to stay in one place more than a week. The Agimori prefer to use old camp sites, ones that other Agimori have also used. There may be food or water caches in the area. You can read more on those in the part of my study concerning the Agimori on the hunt. Fire is an important element to the Agimori. It is manifested both in their magic as well as in their magical camp fires. The Agimori camp fires are called the fires of Baba Ulodra among the Praxians. The fires of Baba Ulodra are lit when the sun[color=red:33f60e948b][i:33f60e948b][*][/i:33f60e948b][/color:33f60e948b] sets, and they burn until the first rays of the rising sun[color=red:33f60e948b][i:33f60e948b][*][/i:33f60e948b][/color:33f60e948b] fall on them. The fires of Baba Ulodra do not need much wood to burn true and bright. Anyone who is allowed to rest by these fires feels at peace and in safety. For although these campfires are quite large and can be seen from miles away, they do not draw beasts or enemies to them: the fires of Baba Ulodra don't allow anyone to come near them with ill will in their heart. If someone wishing to harm the camp comes too near the fire, it instantly puts itself out, so the Agimori are warned and know to guard against the coming attack. But the fires of Baba Ulodra are not the only sentinels of the Agimori camp. If they intend to camp for a longer period, the Agimori set up the Circle of Gahiji around their camp. The circle of Gahiji is composed of short stakes hammered into the ground that have bones of hunted animals tied to them. The purpose of the Circle is to keep away any enemies, and it is particularly useful in driving away restless spirits. The camp is also surrounded by guard trails that are patrolled in turns by anyone who can hold a weapon. The trails are circled by two Agimori at a time, going the opposite way than the other, in order to maximize the efficiency of the patrolling. These paths can reach for miles outside the camps. The Agimori camps are well protected from outside threats. Other peoples have seen the Agimori as savage brutes. But in truth, they are quite the opposite. The Agimori may be the most feared and most noble warriors of Prax and the Wastelands, as well as skilled hunters. But neither fact makes them in any way cruel or selfish, much less beasts. The Agimori are social and friendly people, who gather by the camp fire when the shadows grow long. That is when the elders tell stories and jokes, and time flies merrily. Their storytelling culture made a great impression on me. Underneath that primitive skin there is much to be learned. The Agimori have no need for books, although some of them do know how to read information stored in knots on a rope. But the majority of their knowledge is passed on orally, from one generation to another. The Agimori use myths hundreds of generations old in their rituals.[color=red:33f60e948b][i:33f60e948b][**][/i:33f60e948b][/color:33f60e948b] The Vuai family travelled to perform the ritual of Gahiji, and I was fortunate enough to record a myth related to that into an annex in my study. I was not allowed to view the ritual itself, being an outsider, but I was told surprisingly much about the details of the myth. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [Hakasuluissa] olen merkinnyt jäljellä olevat ongelmakohdat ja omat ehdotukseni. [*] Kun kyseessä on jonkun henkilön kertomus, siihen voi tuoda lisää väriä käyttämällä henkilön oman uskonnon/kultin sanoja Gloranthan yleisille ilmiöille. Esimerkiksi aurinko = Yelm/Yelmalio/Elmal. [**] Eivätkös kaikki Gloranthan suulliseen perimätietoon perustavat kulttuurit väitä näin? Mikä informaatioarvo tällä lauseella on kirjeen oletetulle vastaanottajalle? -G
Bellad linkki 3. heinäkuuta 2007 kello 20.24
Bellad 3. heinäkuuta 2007 kello 20.24 linkki [quote:e36771ffac="Garrik"]H [**] Eivätkös kaikki Gloranthan suulliseen perimätietoon perustavat kulttuurit väitä näin? Mikä informaatioarvo tällä lauseella on kirjeen oletetulle vastaanottajalle? -G[/quote:e36771ffac] Se kai pitäisi edes osittain suunnata myös ei gloranthassa asuville lukijoille... Kai...
Vesa linkki 4. heinäkuuta 2007 kello 15.13
Vesa 4. heinäkuuta 2007 kello 15.13 linkki Joo, tuota lausetta varmaan voidaan pitää ns. rakentavana lauseena tuossa kappaleessa ja sen olemassa olo tuskin haittaa. Muutenkin Garrik on oikolukenut mielestäni tekstin oikein hyvin.
humis linkki 17. joulukuuta 2007 kello 9.27
humis 17. joulukuuta 2007 kello 9.27 linkki Mua on haitannut näissä Agimori-artikkeleissa se, etten oo saanut Agimorien päivittäisen elämän "fiiliksestä" kunnon kuvaa, saatika pystynyt liittämään sitä myyttihistoriaan. Kirjoitin itse seuraavanlaisen alustuksen, jota alunperin ajattelin kotimaakuvauksen alkuun, mutta nyt tuntuu että se sopisi tosi hyvin tän tekstin alkuun / väliin. -- The history of the Men-and-a-half of Prax is a long and convoluted one. Originally from Pamaltela, they no longer remember their original homeland or its myths. Nor do they remember much of their journey, except for the loss and sorrow at its end. Yet, losing everything, they have also found much. Before they traveled north, they were immortal. In Pamaltela, they had shunned food, drink, love, family and society to remain so. For them had been only the strength of their own fire and the companionship of the fighting band, led by Balumbasta, their fiery father. To the Wastes they came to fight chaos, more as gods than men, undefeated, proud of their ways and heritage. Yet that also meant that when Baba Ulodra, their leader and link to the old traditions was decimated, they were twice as lost in the darkness and the cold. They knew nothing of life or of survival. They lost it all, even their own innate ability to create life. They should have perished. Instead, they evolved. When they were starving, they adopted Foundchild to their tribe, and called him Gahiji. When they were withering away, unable to bear children, they remembered what they had earlier shunned, and negotiated with Eiritha for the Milk of Life, even though that meant losing their immortality. When they didn't know how to deal with the resulting children, Help-Woman came to them. Somehow, they were able to forge a coherent whole of their original mythology combined with that of the Wastes, and found their way to the gods they needed to survive. [b:a3dbe89dd5]An Agimori life[/b:a3dbe89dd5] Nowadays, the Agimori of Prax live a life shaped wholly by the Wastes, yet their lifestyle is a curious one, strewn together haphazardly from an amalgam of sources. Particularly special is the way the Agimori understand family. When they came to Prax, they didn't know family, only brotherhood. In the Darkness, both Eiritha and Help-Woman tried to teach them their own take on the concept, yet neither wholly caught on. Now, the basic unit of life for the Men-and-a-Half is the extended family group, twenty to thirty strong, a mix of the warrior bands of old and the hunter family ways taught them by Help-Woman and Gahiji. Through his or her life, an Agimori goes through a number of status-altering initiations. As infants, they suckle their mothers breasts as much as anyone. However, the Agimori see this drinking the Milk of Life as a weakening thing, and try to wean their children away from it as early as possible. When they do, the children undergo their first status change, changing from Dependent Possessions of their parents to Little Ones, actually recognized members of the Agimori group. This is because the Agimori like to treat their offspring more as little brothers and sisters of the band than as dependents. The ideal love an Agimori parent can give their children is that of a fostering elder sibling, the sheltering love of a parent being frowned upon. From the moment they are able, children are expected to train to hunt and provide for themselves. Their parents will still guide them and love them, but so will all the other members of the extended family. This makes sense, as for the Agimori, every new birth is a large effort and use of resources on the part of the whole group, and therefore these Little Ones are the collective future of the group. For the children, this is a time of slowly weaning themselves from their parents, and growing into members of their community. From the moment they learn to speak, they probably already call their mother and father big sister and brother. When the group deems the Little Ones fit enough, a second initiation is held, usually around the age of twelve or thirteen. This marks the passage of the Agimori from a Little One to a Hunter, a full member of the group. The children are sent alone into the wilderness, to bring home a catch by themselves. Returning to the camp, they ritually refuse to recognize their parents, instead swearing an oath of brotherhood to the Baba. After this, everybody, including their former parents, treat them as equals. As young full members of the group, the Agimori are expected to make a name and fortune for themselves, in order to attract a suitable life partner for themselves in the gatherings of the clan. Valuing their equality in the group, the Agimori don't really have a concept of marriage, but they do value love, and usually find someone who they stay faithful to. When such a bond happens, the would-be pair talk to the Babas of the respective groups, who must agree that the fires of the pair burn right and bright for each other, and into which of the groups the new pair will move. While love is love, procreation is a whole other thing for the Agimori. In the olden times, they didn't have children the normal way at all, but used their inner fires to mold offspring. This was one of the requirements for them to stay immortal. In the Darkness, they lost that ability, and had to strike a deal with Eiritha, which resulted in their current means of procreation. Eventually, the Men-and-a-Half also lost their immortality. Thus, procreation for the Agimori is an issue wrought with complexities. First of all, the Agimori are normally infertile. They become fertile only through pleading with Eiritha, a procedure that can be ordained only by the Baba, when he or she feels that the would-be parents are ready and that the band would benefit from new members. Usually, it is the Baba who also suggests such pairings. This is because the Agimori don't really see procreation and love as very closely related, so it is not something that life-mates strive for, other than to gain the honor inside their group. They do acknowledge, howeve,r that the fires of life-mates are the ones best intertwined to create strong offspring. To qualify, the prospective parents must attend a complex series of purification rituals, designed to foment their fiery essences, so as to make the child be composed as much of the sacred Fire of Life of Baba Ulodra as possible instead of the weak Water of Life. Thus, bearing healthy strong children is considered a great boon, but a sickly child brings great shame, and the child may even be abandoned. Once in about every four generations, a couple has enough inner fire in themselves to procreate without Eiritha's bargain. These people, as well as their offspring are sacred, and often go on to follow the path of Baba Ulodra as Koos of the legendary Agimori mercenary bands. For some reason, they never become shamans, however. The final stage of an Agimori life comes once they are no longer able to hunt with the others. Becoming elders, the Agimori are expected to continue helping around in the camp and with children, particularly as teachers and in general ensuring that their wisdom is transferred to the rest of the group. For a typical elder, this stage is usually not very long, as when they truly feel frailty coming on, they gladly just stay behind to join their ancestors in the name of keeping the band strong. Particularly strong elders often become shamans in their old age, slowly slipping away into the spirit world while acting as a conduit to the ancestors, or taking their old enemies with them in a final blaze of Oakfed's power. [b:a3dbe89dd5]Daily life among the Agimori[/b:a3dbe89dd5] A typical day for the Agimori includes either hunting, camp guard duty and meal preparation or walking, depending on whether they are traveling from hunting ground to another or not. In general, a family can stay in one location for a week before game is exhausted. During this time, perhaps a quarter of the Agimori stay in the camp, preparing food, mending equipment, tending children, relaxing and guarding the perimeter. The number of people in the camp is optimized so that if peril strikes, they can rely on their fitness and speed to quickly carry all important items to a safe hideaway and wait for the returning hunters to tackle the threat together, if it remains. A full three quarters of the Agimori always go off hunting, setting traps, and stalking locations known for gathering animals. If hunting for larger game, the hunters may well be gone for multiple days. The duties of the guards and hunters are rotated frequently to maximize the efficiency of the whole band. When traveling, the same division applies. The Agimori usually follow well-known routes already familiar to them, so the hunters always know where they need to end up. They usually also move ahead, flanking out to the left and right of the main party, thus doubling as scouts. The time of gathering for the Agimori family unit is at dusk, when the fires of Baba Ulodra are lit. At that time, the main meal of the day is had and most social activity takes place. It is not infrequent for multiple Agimori families on the march to optimize their routes to meet regularly at particular camp sites to swap stories and news. The above applies when traveling inside a single large hunting ground. When such is exhausted, the Agimori gather into larger clans under a Koos to travel to another one through the larger Wastes, favoring the safety and congeniality in numbers that that offers.
Korol linkki 17. joulukuuta 2007 kello 11.35
Korol 17. joulukuuta 2007 kello 11.35 linkki Diggaan erittäin paljon. Varsinkin kuvauksesi agimorien perheistä on rautasta tavaraa. Siinä on kutkuttavasti sellasta tavaraa, josta kulttuuria ei niin hyvin tuntena, mutta nojatuolipohdiskelua rakastava Lhankor-antropologi saa revittyä sellasia insestispekulaatioita, että oksat pois. :) -- Olen noihin myytteihin yrittänyt kirjottaa sitä, että mitenkä agimorien elämä toimii, mutta se on ilmeisesti liian piilossa. Selvitän nyt tänne hieman. Mun vision mukaan agimorit lähettävät lapsensa metsästämään, kun ne on tarpeeksi vanhoja (mikä lieneekään sitten tarkempi ikä...). Tää on lapsen aikuistumisriitti. Sitä ei suoriteta porukalla, vaan yksin, aivan kuten Gahijikin teki. Jos retki onnistuu, entinen lapsi palaa leiriin tuoden mukanaan ensimmäisen - ja viimeisen - saaliinsa siihen leiriin. Hänen äitinsä kiittää saaliista, ja rituaalisesti hylkää hänet (Auttajanainen opetti Löytölapsen metsästämään, mutta sitten hylkäsi tämän). Äsken initioitu henkilö on nyt eräänlaisessa liminaalitilassa lapsuuden ja aikuisuuden välillä. Hän ei ole metsästysryhmän jäsen. Hänen täytyy etsiä toinen agimoriporukka, ja vakuuttaa tämän porukan baba omasta hyödyllisyydestään, ja esitellä omia metsästys/muita taitojaan. Jos baba hyväksyy hänet, suorittavat he rituaalin, jolla uusi tulokas liitetään leiriperheen osaksi. Tällöin uusi tulokas saa myös uuden nimen. Tämä Baban ja Gahijin kohtaaminen kerrotaan "Gahiji & Jokikäärme" -myytissä, ja mielestäni se on yksi myytin tärkeimpiä pointteja. [Toinen mahdollisuus on se, että agimorit palaavat omaan leiripiiriinsä, mutta eivät rituaalisesti tunnista äitiään, vaan sitovat siteen baban kanssa, ja tätä kautta veljeyssiteen koko leirin kanssa.] Aikasemmin pidin ekasta versiosta enemmän, mutta nyt kun kirjotan tämän auki, niin molemmat kuulostaa mielenkiintosilta musta. -- Pohdin myös agimoreille matrilineaalista suvunlaskemista, siihen perustuen, että Gahijilla on myyteissä vain äiti (Auttajanainen), isästä ei mainita ollenkaan. En kuitenkaan ole kehitellyt tätä pidemmälle, koska muistin, että doraddeilla on (kai) matrilineaalisuus tosi vahvana, sekä myöskin yhdet Gloranthan monimutkaisimmista insestitabuista. Halusin tehdä tähänkin asiaan tietoisen eron Praxin agimorien ja doraddien välille, mutta silti ajatus matrilineaalisuudesta kiehtoo. Tähän sitten sekoitetaan mukaan se, että kaikki ryhmän jäsenet puhuttelevat johtajaansa 'isäksi'. 'Isän' mukaan lasketaan leiripiiri, ja klaani, mutta äidin sukulinjan mukaan lasketaan...niin mitä? Sellainen idea oli, että Kaiken hajotessa kasaan Gahiji sitoi punaisilla nauhoillaan (verilinjoilla) agimorit toisiinsa kiinni, etteivät hävinneet Pimeydessä. Idean pohtiminen on kuitenkin jäänyt tälle tasolle. -- Myös agimorien avioliitot ovat mietityttäneet. Vesalla tähän oli idis, jota hän voi selostaa itse enemmän. Mulla ideoita tähän mennessä on ollut jonkun verran. Tässä yksi niistä. Saatan esittää muitakin, sitten kun pääsen muistiinpanojen äärelle, ja ideat ovat musta vielä varteenotettavia. Avioliitto perustetaan vain lasten hankkimista varten. Kun nainen tulee raskaaksi avioliitto puretaan. Raskauden aikana mies ja nainen ovat yhteydessä toisiinsa mahd. vähän (puhumisen & katsekontaktin kiellot tms.) Kun lapsi syntyy, rituaalikäyttäytymiset kumoutuvat, ja "biologinen" isä auttaa lapsen kasvatuksessa kovasti (koska on äidin "lähin veli"). Tästä miehestä lapsi ei koskaan käytä termiä 'isä'.
Vesa linkki 17. joulukuuta 2007 kello 13.08
Vesa 17. joulukuuta 2007 kello 13.08 linkki Kiitos humis, tuollaista tekstiä tarvitaan juuri tähän syventämään ja selventämään Agimorien kulttuuripohjaa ja elämää. Tää on nyt oikein hyvä kokonaisuus kaikin puolin. Joo tosiaan minulla jonkinlaisia visioita Agimorien avioliittokäytännöistäkin oli. Virallisesti Agimorit eivät menisi naimisiin siinä mielessä missä me sen käsitämme, tai miten muut Praxin heimoista tekevät sen. Mielestäni kuitenkin mies ja nainen Agimoriperheissä luovat välillensä jonkinlaisen siteen mikä pitää heidät yhdessä tai uskollisina toisilleen. Kuitenkin minun näkemykseni mukaan myös Agimorit tuntevat rakkautta ja kiintymystä siinä missä muutkin, vaikkei se aina saata ulkopuolisten silmissä siltä näyttääkään. Lapset tehdään aina saman kumppanin kanssa, eli Agimorisisaruksilla on sama biologinen isä. Lapsia ei kuitenkaan saada kovinkaan monta Agimorien elinaikana, kaksi on yleisin lukumäärä jonka Agimori nainen elämänsä aikana synnyttää, maksimi on kolme. Itseasiassa tuossa humiksen tekstissä jotenkin ainakin itse näin tuollaisen parinvalintasysteemin, tiedä sitten tarkoititko sitä niin. Mutta kun on puhe tuosta sisäisestä tulesta ja sen voimakkuudesta, niin eikö tässä jo ole oiva kriteeri Agimorien puolison valinnalle? Joko koitetaan etsiä puoliso jonka sisäinen tuli palaa mahdollisimman voimakkaasti ja näin ollen pyritään takaamaan että lapset syntyisivät mahdollisimman terveenä. Tätä varmaan pitäisi vähän syvällisemmin hioa ja pohtia ettei ole näin hajanainen selitys. Harrastavatko Agimorit seksiä muulloin kuin lapsia tehdessä? Tästä Korolin kanssa jonkun verran keskustelimmekin jo ircin puolella. Itse näkisin niin että kyllä Agimorit harrastavat seksiä muulloinkin kuin vain lapsia hankkiessa, ja tällä tavoinhan syntyvät nuo "sankarilapset" jotka syntyvät kun näillä kahdella Agimorilla palavat sisäiset tulet tarpeeksi voimakkaina. Noista ilman Eirithan elämän saaduista lapsista tuli mieleen kysymys että ovatko nämä sitten Agitoreja Agimorien sijaan vai ovatko Agitorit kokonaan hävinneet Praxista? Meinaan että tuo Eirithan Elämänvesi vaikuttaa vain niihin jotka sitä juovat? Tämä taas toisi sen seikan esiin että jossakin päin Autiomaata ja Praxia Agimorien keskuudessa on myös Agitoreja, joita sitten pidetään Agimorien keskuudessa tärkeässä ja korkeassa asemassa, vähän niin kuin Alkupeikot Uzeilla. Mitä mieltä tästä visiosta olette?
humis linkki 17. joulukuuta 2007 kello 15.18
humis 17. joulukuuta 2007 kello 15.18 linkki [quote:70e9d25449="Korol"] Olen noihin myytteihin yrittänyt kirjottaa sitä, että mitenkä agimorien elämä toimii, mutta se on ilmeisesti liian piilossa. Selvitän nyt tänne hieman. [/quote:70e9d25449] Tää mun teksti yrittää kyllä kompata niitä myyttejä. Toimia lähtökohtana niihin myytteihin, tarjota tiivistetyssä ja köyhässä muodossa sen, mitä myytit sitten rikkaampana. Tarjota sellaisen pohjakehyksen, jonka pohjalta noita mun mielestä hyviä ja rikkaita myyttejä sitten pystyy jo jäsentämään. [quote:70e9d25449="Korol"] [Toinen mahdollisuus on se, että agimorit palaavat omaan leiripiiriinsä, mutta eivät rituaalisesti tunnista äitiään, vaan sitovat siteen baban kanssa, ja tätä kautta veljeyssiteen koko leirin kanssa.] [/quote:70e9d25449] Diggaan tästä vaihtoehdosta, koska se taas tuo ton perhe<->veljeskunta -ristiriidan keskiöön. Toisaalta, tuo ensimmäinen olisi siitä kätevämpi, että ei tarttis erikseen miettiä miten Agimorit välttää sukurutsan. Mut jos mennään jälkimmäisen mukaan, niin sitten päästään kaikkeen kivaan rituaaliseen siinä miten Babat yhdessä valitsee ketkä naitetaan kenen kanssa kun pitää tehdä uusia lapsia. Tähän sopii hyvin myös: [quote:70e9d25449="Korol"] Avioliitto perustetaan vain lasten hankkimista varten. Kun nainen tulee raskaaksi avioliitto puretaan. Raskauden aikana mies ja nainen ovat yhteydessä toisiinsa mahd. vähän (puhumisen & katsekontaktin kiellot tms.) Kun lapsi syntyy, rituaalikäyttäytymiset kumoutuvat, ja "biologinen" isä auttaa lapsen kasvatuksessa kovasti (koska on äidin "lähin veli"). Tästä miehestä lapsi ei koskaan käytä termiä 'isä'.[/quote:70e9d25449] Editoin alkuperäiseen tekstiin sisään kokonaisehdotuksen. Mitä mieltä ootte siitä? Teksti alkaa kyl taas venymään ainakin yli kotimaakuvauksen intron, mutta jos se yhdistetään tähän Vesan kamaan niin sitten ei taas niin väliä.
Vesa linkki 17. joulukuuta 2007 kello 16.33
Vesa 17. joulukuuta 2007 kello 16.33 linkki Toimii kyllä oikein hyvin tuossa tekstissä nuo lisäykset. Kyllä tämän minun mielestäni voisi lisätä tuohon minun tekstiini, vai sopiiko se paremmin sitten homeland -kuvauksen yhteyteen? Pieni huomio mikä tuolta tekstistä nousi esiin oli se että jo seitsenvuotias Agimorilapsi laitetaan yksin metsästämään ja suorittamaan tuota aikuistumisriittiä. Mielestäni tuo on vielä tuohon riittiin ehkä liian nuori ikä. Korolin kanssa ircin puolella funtsittiin että sopiva ikä olisi jossai 13 ja 14 kieppeillä. Oman tekstini pohjalta Agimorilapsi on seitsenvuotiaana kykenevä kulkemaan muun perheen mukana ilman että aikuisen häntä tarvitsee kantaa (toki varmaan nuorempanakin lapsi on tähän kykenevä) mutta seitsenvuotias on minusta ehkä liian nuori toimimaan yksin metsästäjänä.
humis linkki 17. joulukuuta 2007 kello 17.36
humis 17. joulukuuta 2007 kello 17.36 linkki Joo aloin itsekin kelata tuota, varsinkin kun sanon että sen jälkeen tyypin vanhempien pitää kohdella sitä vertaisenaan. Mut pitäisin sen kyllä "yllättävän" aikaisena. Vaihdetaan vaikka 12-13 -vuotiaaksi?
Korol linkki 17. joulukuuta 2007 kello 21.29
Korol 17. joulukuuta 2007 kello 21.29 linkki Humis: "Tää mun teksti yrittää kyllä kompata niitä myyttejä. Toimia lähtökohtana niihin myytteihin, tarjota tiivistetyssä ja köyhässä muodossa sen, mitä myytit sitten rikkaampana. Tarjota sellaisen pohjakehyksen, jonka pohjalta noita mun mielestä hyviä ja rikkaita myyttejä sitten pystyy jo jäsentämään." Asia vilpitön. Kuten sanoit, musta olet onnistunut oikein hyvin. Huomautus, että Baban siunaamista lapsista ei tule shamaaneja on myös napakymppi; olen itse täysin samoilla linjoilla. Jos kerkiän, niin kokeilen avata tätä vielä muualle, mutta epäilempä. [Mihin leiripiiriin uudet metsästäjät muuttavat?] Alunperin juuri pidin ensimmäistä sen kätevyyden takia hyvänä, mutta myös siksi, että se ei luo agimoreille monimutkaisia insestitabuja, ja näin lähennä heitä doraddeihin. Pelko oli varmaan turha, nyt tekstissä oleva malli on hyvä. Alunperin välttelin tämän miettimistä, koska tiesin, että en kerkiä kirjoittamaan tällästä juttua tähän lehteen, mutta nyt kun teksti on valmiina, niin heittelen mulla ylhäällä olevia ideoita tänne, niin voidaan porukalla miettiä, että mitkä niistä ovat hyviä. Huomenna varmaan kerkiän käymään läpi muistiinpanoja, nyt vastaan vaan nopeesti näihin juttuihin, mitkä tuli ulkomuistista mieleen. -- Olen kans sitä mieltä, että lapset alkavat metsästämään yllättävän aikaisin. 12-vuotiaana kuulostaa musta just hyvältä. Tuolla kun puhutaan rintaruokinnasta, niin ajattelin, että kaikki leiriperheen tietyssä iässä olevat naiset osallistuvat vauvan ruokkimiseen (Gahiji imee Eirithan utareista maitoa Eiritha-myytissä) - oli tämä sitten rituaalinen tai ihan käytännöllinen juttu. Myöskään rintaruokinta ei ole yksinkertaisen huono ja paha juttu (taas viittaan tuohon myyttiin, jossa Gahiji oppii metsästystaitoja maidosta), kunhan maitoa imevät vain oikean ikäiset. Vauvoille se on suurelta osin ok-jees toimintaa, mut Pikkusille täysin kiellettyä. Lisäksi luulisin, että kun vauvat siirretään Pikkuinen-tilaan, heille syötetään ruohoa, jonka he sitten puklaavat pihalle. :) Vesa: Lyhyesti, ja vain fiilispohjalta: musta ei agitoreja agimorien sekaan. Kulta-aika on ollut ja mennyt. Elämä on kompromissien tekemistä. Agimorit jos ketkä sen tietävät.
humis linkki 17. joulukuuta 2007 kello 21.38
humis 17. joulukuuta 2007 kello 21.38 linkki Niin joo sama, eli munkin mielestä pyhästä tulestakin syntyneet M&P:t ovat vaan kovia - vanhaa hyvää aikaa ei enää ole eikä tule, sitten suuren Baban kuoleman.
Vesa linkki 17. joulukuuta 2007 kello 21.46
Vesa 17. joulukuuta 2007 kello 21.46 linkki Joo, tuli vaan mieleen tuosta että tuhosiko se Eirithan maito kaikkien Agitorien kuolemattomuuden, vai vain niiden jotka sitä joivat. En mitenkään väkisin tässä Agitoreja aja mukaan kuvioihin, pointtinne ovat hyviä.
Bellad linkki 18. joulukuuta 2007 kello 5.28
Bellad 18. joulukuuta 2007 kello 5.28 linkki [quote:affdea4b95="Vesa"]Joo, tuli vaan mieleen tuosta että tuhosiko se Eirithan maito kaikkien Agitorien kuolemattomuuden, vai vain niiden jotka sitä joivat. En mitenkään väkisin tässä Agitoreja aja mukaan kuvioihin, pointtinne ovat hyviä.[/quote:affdea4b95] Itse ymmärtänyt täällä esitetyistä myyteistä, että Agitoreja, jotka seurasivat Babaa ja Gahijia, huijattiin ja he kaikki joivat maitoa.