Vanha foorumi

Takaisin

HOW EURMAL LOST HIS STICK

Gloranthan kultit ja uskonto
Guzmo 13. heinäkuuta 2001 kello 6.57
Kirjoittaja Viesti
Guzmo linkki 17. huhtikuuta 2001 kello 19.57
Guzmo 17. huhtikuuta 2001 kello 19.57 linkki > One day, when Eurmal was dressing, he found something unexpected in his > trousers. It was a stick, and Eurmal was very pleased with it. It was long and > it was hard and it felt just right when he held it in his hand. He was so > pleased that he almost didn't leave his house at all that day. In the end, > though, the novelty of playing with his stick wore off and he decided to find > something useful that he could do with it. > First, he tried to use it to help the warriors with their weapons practice, but > he was soon discouraged after Elmal bashed it with his shield. Besides, all the > warriors had laughed and said it wasn't as impressive as their swords. > Next, he tried to use it to help Barntar plough the fields, but all this did > was bash the end of his stick up even more. Besides, his stick wasn't really > big enough to make a decent furrow. > Finally, he used it to stir the stew pot at the feasting hall, but the stew was > too hot and it scalded his stick. Besides, everyone complained that Eurmal's > stick had made the stew taste funny. So Orlanth hit Eurmal on the head and > threw him out into the cold. > Eurmal decided that he was fed up with trying to do useful things with his > stick. He was bored with playing with it on his own, though. So he went to find > someone else to play with it. > First, he showed it to Voria. "Would you like to play with my stick?" he asked. > But Voria was not interested at all. In fact, she screamed out loud that the > last thing she was interested in was his horrible stick! > Vinga heard Voria shouting and came to see what the fuss was. Eurmal had always > liked her, though she didn't like him much at all. He showed his stick to > Vinga. "Would you like to play with my stick?" he asked. But Vinga was not > interested at all. In fact, she hit him very hard in a sensitive place. Eurmal > sat down and began to cry. "No one is interested in my stick!" he wailed. "I > will always have to play with it on my own!" > Vinga smiled and looked at Eurmal with what he deluded himself into thinking > was pity. "Listen, Eurmal," she said. "I know someone who would love to play > with your stick. But I'm not sure you'd really want her to." Eurmal leaped up. > "Oh, I do," he cried. "I really want to meet your friend. Is it Redalda? I've > always liked her and I'm sure she'd like to ride my stick more than any horse!" > But Vinga told him that it was not Redalda. "Perhaps we had best not," she > said. "I'm not sure you'll like the same games she does." Vinga began to walk > away. > Eurmal was sure, though, and he followed her. "I really, really want to meet > your friend," he said. "Is it Roitina? I've always liked her, and I'm sure that > I can show her some fine new dances with my stick." But Vinga told him that it > was not Roitina. "Perhaps we had best not," she said. "I'm not sure you'll like > the same games she does." > Eurmal was still sure, though, and he still followed her. "I really, really, > really want to meet your friend," he said. "Is it - " and Eurmal went quiet > then, for he noticed that Vinga had stopped, leaving him to walk on ahead into > a dark hole in the earth. Suddenly, he had a very bad feeling. > Vinga smiled and now even Eurmal could not delude himself into thinking this > was pity. "Yes, it's Babeester Gor." And at that very moment, the Earth's > avenger herself leaped out and chopped off Eurmal's stick with her axe. And she > picked it up, and she laughed and she hung it above the door of her home. > Eurmal wailed and ran outside. He complained to Vinga that this really wasn't > what he'd had in mind. But Vinga told him: "I did try to warn you, and you were > so sure. It's not my fault that you tricked yourself into playing a game you > didn't like!" > And Eurmal bemoaned his fate. "It's no wonder they call me the Trickster," he > cried. "I even trick myself!" >Bruce Ferrie :D --------------- - Guzmo
Nysalor linkki 18. huhtikuuta 2001 kello 11.34
Nysalor 18. huhtikuuta 2001 kello 11.34 linkki Eurmal on muutenkin aika suosittu tarinoiden kohde. Netistä löytyy melkoisesti tavaraa hänestä, kulttikuvauksista tarinoihin ja muuhun. Olisikohan syynä jälleen kerran Eurmalin erikoisuus ja poikkeavuus totutuista kaavoista?
Anonymous linkki 29. kesäkuuta 2001 kello 1.57
Anonymous 29. kesäkuuta 2001 kello 1.57 linkki Eurmal on pirun hauska keppostelija! Tiedättekö mistä saisi haalittua lissää Eurmalista kertovia veijarimyyttejä? Ajattelin nimittäin singota yhden pidempiaikaisen pelihahmoni kohti sankariulottuvuuksia seuraamaan tämän surullisenkuuluisan velikullan jalanjälkiä ! ! ! :b
Nysalor linkki 29. kesäkuuta 2001 kello 19.20
Nysalor 29. kesäkuuta 2001 kello 19.20 linkki [i:291099bd21] Tiedättekö mistä saisi haalittua lissää Eurmalista kertovia veijarimyyttejä?[/i:291099bd21] Tässäpä muutama Eurmal-linkki: [url=http://members.aol.com/pmichaels/glorantha/pdssarteur.html]Eurmalin kulttikuvaus RuneQuestiin.[/url] [url=http://members.aol.com/pmichaels/glorantha/sarteur.html]Toinen kulttikuvaus.[/url] [url=http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Rampart/1481/noframes.html]Simon Phippiltä[/url] löytyy tarinoita Eurmalista. Hieman japanilaisempi juttu löytyy [url=http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/EurmalDoom.htm]täältä[/url]. Ei kannata myöskään unohtaa Eurmalin osuutta [url=http://www.wpgaudin.freeserve.co.uk/RuneQuest/olbq.htm]Valontuojien matkassa[/url]. Lisäksi Storm Tribe -kirjasta löytyy Eurmalin uusi kulttikuvaus Hero Warsiin ja Eurmal esiintyy lisäksi monissa myyteissä hieman pienemmässä roolissa. Edited by: Nysalor at: 6/29/01 9:58:51 pm
Chividal linkki 29. kesäkuuta 2001 kello 18.08
Chividal 29. kesäkuuta 2001 kello 18.08 linkki Muistelen lukeneeni tarinan Eurmalista ja Jääjumalattaresta. Olisikohan ollut jompi kumpi Ye booke of tentacles. Oli ihan hauska tarina. Saman tyylinen kuin tuo stick tarina.
Nysalor linkki 29. kesäkuuta 2001 kello 16.59
Nysalor 29. kesäkuuta 2001 kello 16.59 linkki [i:5ef5c4942a] Muistelen lukeneeni tarinan Eurmalista ja Jääjumalattaresta. Olisikohan ollut jompi kumpi Ye booke of tentacles.[/i:5ef5c4942a] Taitaa olla numero yksi, koska minulla on kyllä kakkonen ja kolmonen, eikä niissä sitä ole, mutta ensimmäinen puuttuu. Ye Booke of Tentacles kolmosesta löytyy myös lisää mielenkiintoisia tarinoita, tosin ei nyt aivan Eurmalista. Kiva juttu, että fiktiotakin Gloranthasta löytyy.
newsalor linkki 2. heinäkuuta 2001 kello 17.57
newsalor 2. heinäkuuta 2001 kello 17.57 linkki Tästä on sellainenkin versio, jossa Eurmal kayttelee keppiään Ulerian kanssa ja Uleria sitten lainaa sien itselleen, mutta ei sitten annakkaan sitä takaisin, koska typpää siinä liikaa. =) Se tarina taisi löytyä Simom Phipsin kotisivuilta.
Anonymous linkki 7. heinäkuuta 2001 kello 22.43
Anonymous 7. heinäkuuta 2001 kello 22.43 linkki Hello! I am sorry, but I don't speak Finnish. However, I just found this page by accident. It looks like people enjoyed "How Eurmal Lost His Stick" even though it was in English :smile: . So I thought you might like this... HOW EURMAL GOT HIS STICK BACK After Eurmal had lost his stick, he was very sad. He had liked his stick and was very fond of taking it out to polish it or just admire it in the afternoon sun. For a time, he wandered around bemoaning his fate, and the Storm Folk kept hitting him to make him shut up. This was nothing new to Eurmal, though, so it didn't help at all. Eventually, Eurmal decided that he had to get his stick back. The problem was that he was very afraid of Babeester Gor. She had already taken his stick, and who knows what she would take from him next time. He shuddered in fright, and then he thought long and hard and finally decided that the only thing to do was to trick somebody else into getting his stick back for him. Eurmal thought at first that he would ask Vinga, as she was always willing to help out defenceless people. But then he remembered that Vinga was still angry over the mess Eurmal had made when they met Argan Argar. So he decided not to ask Vinga. He then thought that he would ask Humakt, as he was a mighty warrior. But then he remembered that Humakt was still angry for what Eurmal had done with the sword that is Death. So he decided not to ask Humakt. Then Eurmal saw Yinkin dozing by the fire in Orlanth's hearth. And he thought that Yinkin was cunning enough to get his stick from Babeester Gor, but not so cunning that Eurmal could not trick him. And Eurmal knew just what to do: He shouted the Wrong Direction Shout and made Redalda look the other way while he stole some hair from her horse's tail and wore it on his head. He went to Orlanth and Ernalda's house and made a bad smell so that everyone else had to leave while he stole a beautiful linen dress that Orlanth had given to Ernalda and dressed himself up in it. He spied on Roitina and copied her Flirting Dance, with which she had been trying to tempt shining Elmal. Once he had all of these things, Eurmal was certain that he could trick Yinkin, who was notorious for thinking with other parts than his head. Eurmal came to Yinkin just when the cat god had finished preening himself, and was trying to decide whether to find a patch of warm sunlight or look for some food. Yinkin was captivated by this strange woman he had never seen before. "Who are YOU?" he asked Eurmal. "Your hair is lovely and glossy like a horse's mane. Why not stay and talk to me?" But Eurmal just dodged away and looked at Yinkin coyly and said: "Perhaps." "Your dress is lovely too, and sets off your eyes just so," said Yinkin. "Why not stay and kiss me?" But Eurmal just dodged away and looked at Yinkin coyly and said: "Perhaps if you…" Then Eurmal danced Roitina's Flirting Dance and Yinkin was filled with lust. "Your dance is… just so." he said. "Why not stay and - " But Eurmal dodged away and said: "Perhaps if you did one thing for me first." Yinkin was so besotted now that he agreed at once. "I know you, Yinkin," said Eurmal. "Everyone tells tales of your seductions and your prowess as a lover." And here Yinkin purred to himself. "But I think that your stick is not as big as Eurmal's, so perhaps I should go to look for him instead." Yinkin's pride was wounded by this. "Of course his stick isn't bigger than mine! Anyone who knows anything knows this!" But Eurmal pretended not to believe, telling Yinkin that he would not believe this until he saw the two sticks and was able to compare them. Now Yinkin has never been stupid, but he still thought that Eurmal was a beautiful woman and, like all men, Yinkin is a fool for a pretty face. So he agreed that he would fetch Eurmal's stick from Babeester Gor. In the meantime, Eurmal settled down in Yinkin's lodge to wait for his return. Yinkin walked to the dark hole in the earth where the Earth Avenger lived. At first, he thought he might find pretty things to say to her and flirt and beguile her into giving him the stick. But he took one look at her bloodied hands, and at her sharp and terrible axe, and at the Death that lived in her eyes, and he was afraid. Yinkin's pretty words died in his throat and he found himself unable to talk for a whole day. He went home to his lodge, where Eurmal was very disappointed, and refused to kiss or touch Yinkin until he got Eurmal's stick. When he could talk again, Yinkin returned to the dark hole in the earth where the Earth Avenger lived. This time, he told her that he had seen chaos enemies approaching the Earth temple. Babeester Gor took up her axe and rushed off to look for these enemies. Yinkin dashed into her hole in the earth, hoping that he would find Eurmal's stick there. But Babeester Gor had used it to decorate her axe and, thus, had taken it with her when she went away. Yinkin ran off and hid in a tree for a time. He was so scared by the dreadful things he saw in that hole in the earth that he could not talk for a whole day and a whole night. He went home to his lodge, where Eurmal was very disappointed, and refused to kiss or touch Yinkin until he got Eurmal's stick. Yinkin then took some time to think before he came up with a new plan. He spent a whole day hunting mice in Minlister's barley store, and the brewer paid him with some of the fine whisky that he had recently made. Yinkin took this whisky, and sneaked up to Babeester Gor's hole in the earth. He poured all of the whisky into her barrel of beer that she kept there, mixed with the blood of the foes she had slain. When Babeester Gor drank this beer, it was much stronger than she was used to, so she soon fell asleep. Yinkin sneaked in and untied Eurmal's stick from her axe. So that she would not notice the loss, he replaced it with a stone that he had found in the forest. Then, hardly daring to breathe in case he woke the terrible war goddess, Yinkin and sneaked back up out of the earth and ran away as fast as he could. Yinkin came back from Babeester Gor's home carrying Eurmal's stick in a bag. He was very pleased with his cunning, and was looking forward to the sweet embraces he would enjoy once he proved that his stick was bigger. On the way, he passed Redalda's stables where he saw that Redalda was very angry. He stopped to ask her what was wrong, and she told him: "Have you seen that fool Eurmal? He distracted me with a shout while he stole beautiful hair from my horse's tail. When I see him, I'll - " And Yinkin looked at what was left of the horse's glossy tail and thought that it looked very familiar. "I'll keep an eye out for him, though I haven't seen him for some time," he said and passed on his way. Further along the road, he passed Orlanth and Ernalda's house, where he saw that Ernalda was very angry. He stopped to ask her what was wrong and she told him: "Have you seen that fool Eurmal? He made a bad smell in the house so that everyone had to leave while he stole a beautiful linen dress, which set off my eyes just so, that Orlanth gave to me. When I see him, I'll - " And Yinkin listened while Ernalda told him about the dress, and thought that it sounded very familiar indeed. "I'll keep two eyes out for him, though I haven't seen him for some time," he said and passed on his way. When he was almost back at his own lodge, he passed Roitina's dancing ground, where he saw that Roitina was very angry. He stopped to ask her what was wrong and she told him: "Have you seen that fool Eurmal? He spied on me and has copied my Flirting Dance. When I see him, I'll - " And Yinkin watched while Roitina showed him the dance, and he thought that it was all too familiar. "I think I know where he is," said Yinkin. "And I'm going to teach him a lesson!" So Yinkin came home with Eurmal's stick. Eurmal, who still thought Yinkin was fooled, could barely contain his excitement, and hopped from foot to foot. "Do you have the stick?" he asked. Yinkin nodded: "Would you like it, so that you can see if it really is as big as you've heard?" he purred. Eurmal nodded hastily: "Yes! Yes! Give me the stick!" "Are you really sure?" asked Yinkin. And Eurmal assured him that he was. So Yinkin gave it to him. Eurmal was cross-eyed and walked oddly for a time after this, but he supposed he was happy to have his stick back. Even if Yinkin had put it in a most unexpected place. I hope you enjoy it, even though it is in English. Again, I am sorry I don't speak Finnish. :sad: Regards, Bruce Ferrie
Guzmo linkki 9. heinäkuuta 2001 kello 20.37
Guzmo 9. heinäkuuta 2001 kello 20.37 linkki Thanks Bruce! - Guzmo
Anonymous linkki 10. heinäkuuta 2001 kello 11.27
Anonymous 10. heinäkuuta 2001 kello 11.27 linkki I salute you, Bruce!!!!!! All hail reaching moon !!!! :smile:
Guzmo linkki 13. heinäkuuta 2001 kello 6.57
Guzmo 13. heinäkuuta 2001 kello 6.57 linkki And the story continues.... (from HeroWars@yahoogroups.com ) - Guzmo Eurmal Gets the Girl Well Lhankor Mhy and Minlister they sat and they brooded. Both of them had been tricked by that rascal Eurmal recently. Lhankor Mhy he had lost his beard and poor Minlister had lost his day ale. Ole Lhankor, he had managed to get his beard back but Eurmal had forgotten where he'd put the day ale and it was done gone forever. The pair they sat and they brooded about sweet revenge. They knew it was hard to trick that trickster and sure he was always tricking himself, but that just wasn't as satisfying as tricking him themselves. Lhankor Mhy got up and paced back and forth talking to hisself, "What is it that that rascal wants more than anything else?" Minlister snorted and he shook his head and said, "You know what he's always going on about. He says he never gets any." Lhankor Mhy turned with a puzzled expression on his face and said, "What?" Minlister rolled his eyes, "You know he never gets any," and he made some gestures with his hands. Lhankor Mhy still looked puzzled and then he remembered Sweet Inspiration. "Oh . " he said and muttered under his breath , " He ain't the only one," and he paced some more. Then ole Lhankor he stopped sudden like as sweet inspiration hit him. He turned with a wicked grin on his face to Minlister. "I know how we can get back at that rascal but good," he said rubbing his hands together and cackling gleefully. He leaned over and whispered in Minlister's ear and as he spoke a big goofy grin came over Minlister's face and he nodded his agreement. The pair quickly set to work. The next day the pair stood before two enormous vats and they argued. Along came that rascal Eurmal and says he, "What are two you arguing about?" "This long beared fool here is trying to tell me that this vat of ale is better than that there vat. What by Umath's breath does he know about ale? Anyone with any taste knows it's the other way around" says Minlister with a glare in his eyes. "I'm a telling you that there vat is much better than that vat," sneers Lhankor Mhy. "Pffff, you're the god of knowledge, not the god of tasting," says Minlister folding his arms and looking disdainful. "Well maybe we should ask Urox what he thinks, he's the biggest drinker around here." says Lhankor Mhy. "Urox? That blowhard?" says Eurmal, "He'd drink goat piss if he thought it would get him drunk. Why not let me be the judge of which is better. I've drunk my share of ale before you know." "Well", said Lhankor hesitating, "I don't know, what do you think Minlister?" Minlister shrugged, "His taste can't be any worse than yours and he certainly has drunk enough ale to know so why not." "What do I get if I help?" asks Eurmal. Minlister snorts and says, "Some of my best ale, what else?" "Fair enough," says Eurmal and he drinks a cup of ale from each vat. Well he can't tell no difference between the two so he doesn't know what to say. "Well?" asks Lhankor Mhy and Minlister together. "Umm, let me take another taste just to make sure," says Eurmal. So he drinks another cup from each but no go, they still taste just the same. The two watchers look on impatiently and he shrugs. "Hard to say, let me try another taste of each." This goes on all morning and soon the vats are both empty and Eurmal can't see or walk straight. "Okay, thisss time fur sure I'll know." And he weaves over to the vats and peers in. "They're empty, the ale it's all gone." Lhankor Mhy and Minlister sigh and shrug. "Oh never mind", says Lhankor Mhy, "we're late to meet the nymphs anyway." "Nymmphss?" asks Eurmal. "Oh, just some water nymphs down in the meadow that invited Minlister and me to join in their frolic," says Lhankor Mhy. "A frolic?" asks Eurmal, "Can I come too? Please, please, please?" he goes to fall on his knees to beg but lands on his face instead still mumbling into the dirt. Minlister and Lhankor Mhy help him and say, "Sure, the more the merrier." Well the three of them head on down to the water meadow and there Eurmal sees a whole bunch of blurry white shapes. "See," says Lhankor Mhy, "they's a waiting for us. Go get 'em tiger." Well Eurmal spent the whole afternoon chasing after the shapes and having his way with them. The nymphs were very playful and frisky and uttered incoherent endearments to their suitor. Finally he ran out of steam and collasped. As he fell asleep he was heard to say, "Finally, finally I got me the girl and how." Well Lhankor Mhy and Minlister they had just stood by and watched and they near killed themselves from trying not to laugh out loud. When Eurmal finally passed out they burst into laughter and rolled around all over the meadow. Eventually Lhankor Mhy turned to Minlister and breathlessly said, "Well I guess we can go untie Voriof. I don't think we'll be needing his flock anymore.